What is a Destination Wedding?
A Destination wedding is a wedding ceremony that is hosted away from the couple’s hometown, which requires travel for most (if not all) of those involved.
This piece will feature 20 most popular wedding destinations in the world according to Pinterest.
1. Morocco, with 1,001 dedicated Pinterest boards- From eclectic Marrakech to the beautiful atlas mountain, this country is certainly equipped for magical wedding celebrations, little wonder it made number 1 wedding destination.
2. Greece, with 1,000 dedicated Pinterest boards- Home of the famed Greek islands, beautiful beaches, and romantic sunset, this country is a hotbed of destination wedding couples.
3. France, with 999 dedicated Pinterest boards- There’s something quite romantic about France. You will discover exquisite wedding venues here, excellent food, and of course the best wine in the world.
4. Italy, with 998 dedicated Pinterest boards- Beauty, charm, medieval castle, magic, beautiful landscape, fresh air, spectacular view, uniqueness, simplicity, sophistication.
5. Mexico, with 997 dedicated Pinterest boards- You will find the best resorts for a destination wedding in Mexico, beautiful beachfronts, and sheer variety.
6. Bali, with 996 dedicated Pinterest boards- Some venues for a fairy tale destination wedding in Bali include Wiwaha Wedding Chapel, Conrad Hotel & Resort, Eco Paradise Bambu Idah, and The Edge.
7. Ireland, with 990 dedicated Pinterest boards- From Dublin to Derry, there are so many picture-perfect hotels, castles and churches for an idyllic wedding in Ireland.
8. Australia, with 984 dedicated Pinterest boards- Sydney, Cairn, Gold Coast, and Port Douglas are very delightful and popular destination weddings locations in Australia.
9. New Zealand, with 981 dedicated Pinterest boards- New Zealand offers exclusive beachfront venues and a variety of unique, scenic venue options for destination weddings.
10. Fiji, with 979 dedicated Pinterest boards- Explore various islands and beach resorts in Fiji.
11. Canada, with 978 dedicated Pinterest boards- Canada is quite popular for its sandy beaches, mountain vistas, and beautiful weather.
12. England, with 977 dedicated Pinterest boards- Rustic properties and exotic gardens, villas, palaces, cortijos, hotels and restaurants; you’ll find them all in England.
13. Ibiza, Spain, with 975 dedicated Pinterest boards- This spot is popular for destination weddings due of its unique and incredible beach wedding venues.
14. Scotland, with 972 Pinterest boards- Scotland boasts of a collection of fine castles, stately homes and luxury hotels for wedding venues.
15. Thailand, with 960 dedicated Pinterest boards- Thailand possesses a number of luxury locations for destination weddings.
16. Spain, with 956 dedicated Pinterest boards- Peralada Castle, Palace Aldovea, XIII century castle are just few of the exotic places for a wedding destination in Spain, hence its popularity.
17. Portugal, with 889 dedicated Pinterest boards- Portugal has lovely locations for destination weddings and a tranquil environment.
18. USA, with 821 dedicated Pinterest boards- World class wedding venues, gorgeous beachfronts and sprawling ocean views.
19. The Bahamas, with 732 dedicated Pinterest boards- Bahamas boasts of numerous and exotic wedding resorts.
20. Wales, with 725 dedicated Pinterest boards- From beautiful mountain landscape to urban cities, Wales has got outstanding natural locations for wedding destination.
So, here are the top 20 wedding destinations in the world according to Pinterest, do let us know which country you think should be in the list but isn’t.
Racheal Niza-Val is a Nigerian writer and author. She seeks to use her pen to do only three things. Entertain, Educate, and Enthrall.