The wedding day of the bride is one of the most memorable day of the mother’s life. It is a day that she looks forward to for years. It is a big accomplishment in her life, that her daughter will finally tie the knot and become a wife.
Just the way she looks forward to the day, she envisions how the big day will be like; she makes plans that will lead to the success of her daughter’s day.
This is why the mother of the bride have various duties to perform for the success of the wedding day.
The following are the major duties of the mother of the bride for her daughter’s wedding.
1. It’s her duty to be a support for her daughter, a warm listener and someone to confide in. Of course the wedding comes with a lot of anxiety and expectations. It’s her duty to comfort her daughter and make her feel less anxious.
2. It’s the mother’s duty to assist the bride in choosing her wedding dress as well as the bridesmaids’ dress. She’s quite experienced in this. She has once been to the altar and she probably would have witnessed the wedding ceremony of one of her children or nieces and nephews.
3. It’s her duty to draw up the guest list with the bride and groom.
4. It is her duty to reserve rooms for the out-of-town guests, invited by the bride’s family.
5. It’s her duty to assist the bride and groom in setting the wedding budget.
6. She is meant to research on religious and cultural traditions that have to be incorporated in the wedding ceremony.
7. After the bride have found the vendors for her wedding, it is the mother’s responsibility to contact them and set up interviews. She should also coordinate the activities of the florist, entertainers, caterers and the likes.
8. It is her duty to communicate with the groom’s mother based on the choice of outfit for the wedding. She should discuss the colour and style to the groom’s mother.
9. It’s a lovely tradition for the mother to dress the bride on the day of her wedding.
10. She should complement her daughter on her wedding, let her know how special, amazing, beautiful, glamorous and precious she is and how great her day is going to be.
11. It’s the mother’s duty to dance with the father of the bride.
Graceful 5’4 athlete and super violin player, she considers herself an advocate of everyone who’s ever been in love. She reviews wedding vendors as well as shares tips and ideas to make your special day truly special.